Re: st: interactions of treatment in treatreg

Subject   Re: st: interactions of treatment in treatreg
Date   Tue, 6 Jul 2010 08:33:22 -0400

Thanos Mergoupis:
-treatreg- is for a single endogenous binary explanatory variable
(treatment) and a continuous outcome, and does not allow interactions
with treatment.  If you had used factor variables, you would have
treatment appearing in two places and it would not converge
(probably).  If you hard coded an interaction and included it in the
main equation, you have tricked it into giving you biased and
inconsistent estimates.  If you want an interaction, use -ivregress-
or -ivreg2- (SSC) and recognize that now you have at least 2
endogenous explanatory variables (treatment and its interaction) so
you need more excluded instruments.