Re: st: interactions of treatment in treatreg

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: interactions of treatment in treatreg
Date   Tue, 6 Jul 2010 10:32:00 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Tue, 6/7/10, Thanos Mergoupis wrote:
> Has anybody noticed that in treatreg, when using
> interactions of the treatment with variables in the
> outcome equation, the postestimation predict
> command that conditions on treatment (or non-treatment),
> does not condition the interaction terms on treatment (or
> non-treatment)? It considers the interaction terms just
> like any other variable, ignoring the fact that they
> are interactions with the treatment. Does anybody know of
> any way to make stata recognize them as interactions with
> the treatment so as to calculate the correct predicted values?

In general yes, see: -help fvvarlist-. However, I don't know
if this makes sense in the -treatreg- case.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen