st: Endogeneity in quantile regression

From   xueliansharon <>
Subject   st: Endogeneity in quantile regression
Date   Mon, 5 Jul 2010 07:40:37 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

I want to do quantile regression, but I have an endogenous variable, so I
regress the endogenous variable price on IVs in the first stage and get the
predicted value for price, then do quantile regression of mpg on foreign and
pricehat, after that I bootstrap the whole program to correct for the
standard errors.  But I get an error message "Convergence not achieved". So
can anybody help me to figure out the mistakes in my codes? Many thanks.

My codes:

sysuse auto, clear
        program qregivb, eclass
        version 11.1

        // Stage 1
                tempvar pricehat
        regress price foreign weight length
       	 predict `pricehat', xb

        // Stage 2
        foreach q of numlist 10 20 30 {
                qreg mpg foreign `pricehat', quantile (`q')
                                matrix b`q'=e(b)
                                matrix colnames b`q'=q`q':
                                matrix b=nullmat(b), b`q'
                gen e=e(sample)
                qui count if e
                eret post b, dep(sch) es(e) obs(`r(N)')
                ereturn local cmd "schrural19"
                ereturn local properties "b"

        bootstrap _b , reps(1000) seed(10101) nodots: qregivb