st: Adjusted population attributable risk - is this possible with Stata?

From   "Zoe Hyde" <zhyde@meddent.uwa.edu.au>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Adjusted population attributable risk - is this possible with Stata?
Date   Mon, 5 Jul 2010 16:30:17 +0800

Dear All,

I know that I can use 'ir' to calculate attributable risk for a population, or for the exposed, for some variable.

However, is there a way that I can get an *adjusted* population attributable risk (PAR)?

For example, if my outcome of interest is heart disease, and my exposures are diabetes, hypertension and obesity, how can I calculate the PAR for diabetes after adjusting for the other factors?  This doesn't seem possible with ir.

Are there any Stata modules that will do this?

Thanks,

Zoe.