Re: st: Non-normal alternative to MANOVA

Subject   Re: st: Non-normal alternative to MANOVA
Date   Sat, 3 Jul 2010 20:03:17 +0930

Thanks for the replies.
I've had a look at transforming the data or using lnskew0, the problem is there
are 15 variables, each measured at 3 times periods (baseline, 7 weeks and 3
mothns after treatment) and it's pretty difficult to find a transformation that
works for all of them. The data were skewed at baseline and it only got worse
after treatment. The confounder numint (number of interventions) is a major
issue so I can't ignore it. With 3 repeated measurements I wasn't sure if you
could use lnskew0 separately on all 3 of them if I'm interested in changes from

I'll have a look at ranking the data - is there a good reference anywhere on how
to do that? I did it once in the past but can't remember the details.