st: If-condition

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
Subject   st: If-condition
Date   Fri, 2 Jul 2010 21:14:18 +0000

<>

Mareike:

Here's one way to do it:
************************
webuse union, clear

//setup the example data//
keep idcode year age black union south
replace year = 1900+year
		**
ds year idcode, not
foreach x in `r(varlist)' {
		bys idcode: egen ln_mean_`x' = mean(`x')
		drop `x'
	}

//create "insample" indicator for last obs in panel//
sort idcode year
by idcode: g insample = 1 if _n ==_N
ta year insample, miss

//use "insample" to select the last observation, despite the year//
regress ln_mean_age ln_mean_south ln_mean_union ln_mean_black if insample==1

 ~ Eric

__
Eric A. Booth
Public Policy Research Institute