Re: st: ir saved results

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: ir saved results
Date   Fri, 2 Jul 2010 11:02:15 +0000

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Karolina Carlsson
<> wrote:
> Hello
> I want to know how to get more saved results from the ir-command than those in r(). For example I want to save number of cases and the incidence rate for each exposure to be able to use later.

You could well be out of luck since the -man ir- page indicates what
is saved in scalars and it doesn't include the incidence rate for each
exposure (see also

Nothing stopping you calculating these by hand though, or even writing
an ado-file wrapper that calls -ir- and at the same time calculates
the numbers you want (I'm sure it could find a home on SSC).

"... no scientific worker has a fixed level of significance at which
from year to year, and in all circumstances, he rejects hypotheses; he
rather gives his mind to each particular case in the light of his
evidence and his ideas." - Sir Ronald A. Fisher (1956)

Email -
Website -
Photos -