st: Re: AW: problem with grqreg after qreg

From   xueliansharon <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: AW: problem with grqreg after qreg
Date   Thu, 1 Jul 2010 09:43:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Martin,

Thanks for your information! it's very helpful!

Then could you tell me whether I should use sqreg or qreg before grqreg if I
want to get a graph plotting all the coefficients before weight for quantile
0.1,0.2,...,0.9 regression? The confidence bands in two graphs are
different.

Another question, if I want to get quantile regression estimates for
quantile 0.1,0.2,0.3,..., should I use qreg for each quantile respectively
or use sqreg?  I compare the results from qreg and sqreg, the values of
estimates are the same, and the differences are standard errors, but this
make a big difference when we consider about the significance. So which
standard error is more reliable? qreg or sqreg? And is standard error the
only difference between qreg and sqreg?

Many thanks.

Best,
Sharon