Re: st: Remove numbers from variable name

From   Rasika Raghavan <>
Subject   Re: st: Remove numbers from variable name
Date   Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:09:09 +0530

Thanks. It worked out fine. Can you suggest though a way in which I
don't have to specify the variables? Why I am asking is that, for
single digit questions it would be predrop(10) and for two digit
question numbers, it would be predrop(11). While it was easy in my
case, I can think of situations where this might work out to be

The "are you" was a typo. But thanks, I had not realized something
like -strtoname- existed.

I did not quite follow "For your substitution, look at -subinstr()-.
Why not put the question in the -var label- or a -note- to the

Does not -subinstr- work for string observation, and not variable names?