Re: st: Change letter in string

From   Antoine Terracol <>
Subject   Re: st: Change letter in string
Date   Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:10:31 +0200

see -subinstr()-

replace lastname=subinstr(lastname,"e","a",.)

On 28/06/2010 11:05, wrote:

I would like to ask you how I can change a letter in a string in stata.
For example I have a variable that contains last names. How can I change
the letter "e" with the letter "a" in all names? (i.e. if the name is
Beth I want to change it into Bath"

Thank you
* For searches and help try:

Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.