RE: st: Presenting data in a desired form

From   "David Radwin" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Presenting data in a desired form
Date   Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:59:30 -0700 (PDT)

You are welcome. I don't know the specifics offhand, but if you want to
use mail merge, you need to start with an Excel-type spreadsheet
(tab-separated text or comma-separated text) with one line per student.

Since you have multiple lines per student right now, you probably want to
use Stata's -reshape wide- to consolidate the records. Then use -outsheet-
to create the Excel-type spreadsheet. Stata's -help reshape- and -help
outsheet- should assist you here. The website to which I previously
referred has instructions on creating the interface with your email

As you might infer from the website's references to Word 2000 and 2002, it
was quite a while ago that I last did this, and the software may have
changed in the interim, so I am afraid can't help much more with the

Best of luck.

David Radwin
Research Associate
MPR Associates, Inc.