st: RE: RE: Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata...

From   "Muenchen, Robert A (Bob)" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata...
Date   Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:06:37 -0400

Nick,

Good points, all. We got a measure of the impact of curiosity one year
when we found that around 2,500 people had downloaded SPSS, but only 800
had activated it (from the SPSS corporate activation database). It runs
for a week without activation, so around 2/3 of people were just
looking. This was in an area dominated by students & they probably
downloaded everything they saw in our area.

Cheers,
Bob