Re: st: choice modelling

Subject   Re: st: choice modelling
Date   Sat, 19 Jun 2010 12:52:39 -0400

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 9:21 AM, Tyler Frazier <tyfrazier@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the best way to run a choice model in Stata -- for example a
> household location choice model.  I have two datasets, one
> representing households and the other representing residential
> dwellings and would like to develop a choice model that a) randomly
> assigns certain households for a move from their existing location to
> a new location based on the households probability of moving (which I
> already have from survey results) b) matches a household to a new
> location based on the characteristics of both

I have a working prototype of a package to generate residuals
following -mlogit- estimation:

net from http://web.missouri.edu/~kolenikovs/stata
net d simchoiceres
net install simchoiceres

With that, you can generate residuals for your households that reflect
the choice made by the household (or whatever your observation is).
Then you can modify the conditions (presumably, the variables that
entered -mlogit-), add those residuals to the fitted values of the
linear predictor (fixed effect utility term) from -mlogit-, and choose
the maximum value.