st: where STATA on MAC always complains that some variable already existed?

From   "G. Dai" <dgecon@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: where STATA on MAC always complains that some variable already existed?
Date   Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:29:24 -0700

hi all
I just moved from WINDOWS to MAC. One problem with the switch is the
old do files
seem have a lot of troubles in MAC though I have corrected the working
path etc.
Among them is the STATA always complain that one variable have already defined.
This is wired since I have double checked the do file (using find) and
find no word was even
spoken about the variable before. Also, the do files work well in WINDOWS.
So, can any one give me some hints on what is going on?
The do file is too big and a short excerpt is following
. gen r4pnhmln=ln(r4pnhm5y+1)/ln(101);
r4pnhmln already defined
thanks,
Guang