st: Highlighting text in the Stata do-file editor

From   Gabi Huiber <>
Subject   st: Highlighting text in the Stata do-file editor
Date   Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:17:46 -0400

That's exactly what I was talking about -- the highlighting of text
with the mouse -- but now that we're on the topic of syntax

I could never get Notepad++ to get Stata syntax highlighting perfectly
right. Compound `"`quotes'"' always threw it off. I'm grateful for the
Stata 11 do-file editor for that reason, but before it came along I
had switched to Vim, which includes Jeff Pitblado's Stata syntax file,
and it works well. Bits and pieces of _gvimrc can be copied over to
gvimrc, for a consistent text editing setup on Windows and Linux.

Anyway, Vim works fine for me. I just thought there was some setting I
could fiddle with so the do-file editor would work too, but it's not
that important.

Thank you,