st: interacting two covariates

From   Ian Breunig <ianbreunig@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: interacting two covariates
Date   Mon, 14 Jun 2010 15:00:00 -0600

Statalist,

Is there a particular notation to interact two variables within an
estimation command or do I always have to generate a new variable
which multiplies the two variables that I am interacting.  I have
never came across this command notation if it exists so it would be
nice to know if there was a way to do this.  thanks.

Ian Breunig