Re: st: can I use -parmest- with -mlogit-?

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: can I use -parmest- with -mlogit-?
Date   Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:26:46 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 14/6/10, Jamie Fagg wrote:
> I am trying to write estimates from an -mlogit- command
> using the -parmest- by Roger Newson. Parmest seems to work
> fine (using Stata 10.1) when I try it with logit, but
> returns an error when run with mlogit.

When I ran your example I got a very different error message,
which was actually much more informative. After making the
corrections suggested in the error message, -parmest- work
perfectly fine with -mlogit-.

So, it seems to me that the problem is that you are using an
old version of -parmest-. This is why it is crucial to
specify where you found a user written program: there are
often multiple version floating around in cyber space. Often
the one on SSC is the most recent.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie