st: RE: AW: pattern fill with twoway rbar

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: AW: pattern fill with twoway rbar
Date   Fri, 11 Jun 2010 15:42:37 +0100

The short answer is No. It is definitely not supported in official Stata
and (to my knowledge) not supported by any user-written command.

One longer answer is that you could probably write this yourself if and
only if you emulate Sergiy Radyakin and spend a lot of time rummaging
around looking at Stata's files and reconstructing how graphics really
works at a low level. I'd estimate weeks to months for that project,
depending on how much programming and computer science background you
have or would need to make up.

Another answer is that many people deplore this any way on a mixture of
aesthetic and psychological grounds. At root, that is why official Stata
does not support it, or so I believe.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Martin Weiss

See this recent thread:
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-05/msg01327.html

Miranda Kim

I am using twoway rbar to produce a plot, and I have been changing the
color
of the boxes using the option fcolor, but I wondered if there is a way
of
filling them with patterns such as hashing?
I am using Stata v11.