re: st: AW: Labeling variable values in Regression Tables

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   <>
Subject   re: st: AW: Labeling variable values in Regression Tables
Date   Thu, 10 Jun 2010 14:45:15 -0400

Thomas said

Thanks, Kit.  Is it possible, after extracting the label texts and
building the coeflabels list, to apply them directly to the regression
output?  I tried running the regression command (reg price i.rep78)
after the forvalues loop and it didn't work.  I need to install eststo,
esttab to see the effects.

No, because standard Stata regression output displays variable names. You need to use some post-processing
routine that has the ability to alter the variable names. For instance, for non-categorical variables, -esttab- will display
variable labels rather than variable names. But there is no way to tell -regress- to do that.

So do

eststo: qui regress...
(set up coeflist)

and what you will see is the output with relabeled variables.

                              An Introduction to Stata Programming  |