Re: st: Stata 11.1 on Mac breaking user-written commands?

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata 11.1 on Mac breaking user-written commands?
Date   Wed, 9 Jun 2010 13:39:09 +0000

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Maarten buis <> wrote:
> --- On Wed, 9/6/10, Ronan Conroy wrote:
>> Nick Cox's -stripplot- and Maarten Buis's -proprcspline-
>> have started to return errors on OS X
>> . proprcspline worry age, by(sex)
>> invalid label specifier, :  `"Not worrier"'  .
>> `"Sub-syndromal GAD"'  . `"GAD"':
>> r(198);
>> . proprcspline worry age
>> option plotregion1 not allowed
>> r(198);
> I just tried both examples for -proprcspline- from
> <>
> and I got no problem. I am using Widows XP though.
> Since I can't reproduce the problem, I don't know what
> I can do to solve the problem.

I can run Maarten's -proprcspline- code fine under Stata 11.1 for
Linux (Gentoo), but have no idea what dataset your errors are occuring
with Ronan.  If you could let met know I shall endeavour to check them

"... no scientific worker has a fixed level of significance at which
from year to year, and in all circumstances, he rejects hypotheses; he
rather gives his mind to each particular case in the light of his
evidence and his ideas." - Sir Ronald A. Fisher (1956)

Email -
Website -
Photos -