Re: st: Re: QUestion using -fs- package

From   "Michael N. Mitchell" <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: QUestion using -fs- package
Date   Tue, 08 Jun 2010 18:06:59 -0700

Dear Nuno

Thanks for letting us know that this helped and giving us more details about what you are doing. That makes perfect sense.

If you later should want to convert those country codes (stored as a character) into a numeric value, you can see

Best regards,

Michael N. Mitchell
Data Management Using Stata      -
A Visual Guide to Stata Graphics -
Stata tidbit of the week         -

On 2010-06-08 2.37 PM, Nuno Soares wrote:
Thank you everyone for the excellent tips! Statalist at its best!

Michael, I know the -save , replace- command is pretty scary, but I'm
using this bit of code on a given set of files and I'm aware of the
potential dangers. Thank you for the heads up!

Also, the reason for creating this variable is for using the name as
identifier in future analysis. The names of the files are countries

All the best,