st: RE: RE: Extracting First Column of Results from -corr-

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Extracting First Column of Results from -corr-
Date   Tue, 8 Jun 2010 23:11:46 +0100

-mkcorr- is a user-written program from SSC. I've never used it. Either
way, please remember to specify user-written stuff.

You want a single vector of correlations, repeated. In principle, that
is obtained by a single loop over the rows of your column nested within
another loop over your situations, whatever they are.

I'd use -postfile- to orchestrate that.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Ryan McCann

Thanks Nick.

I'm having trouble manipulating the r(C) matrix.  As a work around I'm
creating new lagged variables instead of using the time series
operators,
which allows me to use mkcorr. I've realized though that mkcorr has no
append option.  Is there a relatively straightforward way to output all
of
my correlation result tables into the same file (and ideally only to
output
the first column from each of these)?  I'm trying to avoid cutting and
pasting 20+ different tables.