st: FW: graphing ordinal panel data over time

From   "Seed, Paul" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: FW: graphing ordinal panel data over time
Date   Tue, 8 Jun 2010 09:30:53 +0100

Forwarded query follows:

-----Original Message-----
From: Hense []
Sent: 07 June 2010 18:13
To: Seed, Paul
Subject: graphing ordinal panel data over time

Dear Mr Seed,

first I want to thank you for writing the very helpful command xtgraph.

I would be very glad if you could answer a question for which I could
not find an answer yet:

I have got an ordered outcome variable with three values over a period
of 20 years. I use an unbalanced panel design and the sampling units are
individuals. To describe the data, I want to show how the three values
of my outcome variable have developed over time. Therefore, I  would
like to graph the overall development of these three values over time
that means mapping the percent of respondents who chose value 1, 2 or 3
in a certain year. Do you know how I can do this in Stata?

I would be very grateful for your information!

Best regards
Andrea Hense