RE: st: RE: stata generated wrong lagged values for mi data

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: RE: stata generated wrong lagged values for mi data
Date   Thu, 3 Jun 2010 20:00:01 +0200

<>

I am not much of an -mi- guy, but did my very best in my effort to recreate
the conditions that you seemed to experience on your end. So I tried to use
-mi tsset- as in your code, and that only works with -mi set- present. Also,
I had to -gen- the time variable which obviously you do not need to do...

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of
jl591164@albany.edu
Sent: Donnerstag, 3. Juni 2010 19:17
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: st: RE: stata generated wrong lagged values for mi data

The one-time lagged x is not picking up the values of x at time-1. As
showed below.
ID _mi_m time x lagx
 1   0     0  0  .
 1   0     1  0  0
 1   0     2  2  1
 1   0     3  1  1
 1   0     4  0  0
 1   1     0  0  .
 1   1     1  0  0
 1   1     2  0  1
 1   1     3  0  1
 1   1     4  1  0

I have five multiple imputed datasets. Could the multiple imputed data
cause the problem? I used colon after by id and it gives the same wrong
lagged values. Martin's syntex is quite differnt from mine. What is the
purpose of mi set wide? As my syntax shows, i did not do gen time=_n
either. Which part of your syntex is the core piece that i should follow
exactlly? Thanks.

 BTW, Junqing, listers would certainly like to hear from you how the lagged