Re: st: Binary Variables

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Binary Variables
Date   Wed, 2 Jun 2010 18:52:55 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 2/6/10, Natalie Trapp wrote:
> There are no missing data for the regions and I can most
> certainly say that each farm in this dataset has a different
> value for the fertiliser input because it's measured in
> €.

Well, one of your regions is Paris (ile de france), so I
wouldn't be surprised if there aren't any farms there. At least
it should be a weird region, which is not bad if it fell out of
your analysis.
> I also couldn't sort out how to make the "xtreg" command
> work. It gives me the error "not sorted r(5);", even when I
> sorted the data and then typed the "xtreg" command (maybe
> because there are too many variables or maybe because I have
> cross sectional data?!).

The multilevel structure of your data is that farms are nested
in regions.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie