AW: st: Problem with xi (Stata 11)

Subject   AW: st: Problem with xi (Stata 11)
Date   Wed, 2 Jun 2010 15:05:50 +0200

<>

" Stata 11 users are encouraged officially to use factor variables"

Walter may have a point, though, if all he wants is to use -xi- as a
standalone command, to generate dummies for a categorical variable. -tab,
gen()- may be an alternative.

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Roger Newson
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. Juni 2010 15:01
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: st: Problem with xi (Stata 11)

I don't know what exactly is going on in your case. However, I do know
that Stata 11 users are encouraged officially to use factor variables
instead of -xi-, although -xi- should still work (and has done so for me
so far).

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil