Re: st: RE: RE: eivreg and deming

From   John Antonakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: eivreg and deming
Date   Tue, 01 Jun 2010 22:00:49 +0200

Hi Nick:

One example where eivreg is perfectly legitimate to use: IQ is mostly exogenous (determined by genes); so, if we have a non-so-perfect proxy of IQ, we can estimate it's reliability (empirically via test-retest or via internal consistency) and thus "purge" the endogeneity bias due to measurement error. This is much easier to do and more defensible than trying to instrument IQ. I would be hard pressed to find a good instrument for IQ.

Best,
J.

Prof. John Antonakis, Associate Dean Faculty of Business and Economics
Department of Organizational Behavior
University of Lausanne
Internef #618
CH-1015 Lausanne-Dorigny