st: bivariate weibull for right censored models

From   "Stephen P. Jenkins" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: bivariate weibull for right censored models
Date   Thu, 27 May 2010 09:29:22 +0100

Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 09:48:26 -0400
From: Sridhar Telidevara <>
Subject: st: bivariate weibull for right censored models

Are there any modules in STATA that implement bivariate Weibull
likelihood for right censored models?

There are none in official Stata that I am aware of.  I think you
need to be more specific about the model you have in mind, in
particular whether you are assuming some bivariate distribution
of frailty ("unobserved heterogeneity").  Without such frailty, I
think most bivariate models reduce to a couple of univariate
models that can be estimated separately. With such frailty, I
think you'll have to write your own program using -ml-, or find
someone else's.

PS It's a good idea to report the results of your -findit-
searches before posting.

Professor Stephen P. Jenkins <>
Institute for Social and Economic Research (ISER)
University of Essex, Colchester CO4 3SQ, UK
Tel: +44(0)1206 873374. Fax: +44(0)1206 873151
Survival Analysis using Stata:
Downloadable papers and software: