st: survival analysis: left censoring/ truncation

From   "Oliver Eger" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: survival analysis: left censoring/ truncation
Date   Wed, 26 May 2010 14:20:35 +0200

Dear Stata users,

one more question to my survival analysis:

My study ranges from 1900 till 2000. This is also the enrollment period. Due
to my definitions, the onset of risk for each company is the year of first
mentioning in my data source. This means, according to my opinion, that my
data is neither left censored nor left truncated. But I assume that at least
some companies existed before 1900, without having exact information about
this.

Are there any (technical/ statistical) alternatives to tread this left
borders of my data instead of doing this by definition?

Best regards
Oliver

Oliver Eger
Lehrstuhl für VWL - Innovationsökonomik
Universität Augsburg
Universität Hohenheim
Prof. Dr. Horst Hanusch - Prof. Dr. Andreas Pyka