st: RE: RE: pattern-fills in stacked bar graph

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: pattern-fills in stacked bar graph
Date   Wed, 26 May 2010 12:00:01 +0100

On a quite different level, I note that both stacking and patterning are
widely disapproved as variously ineffective and ugly. Whether this is 7
fills or 4 fills, is this graph really going to work? (See for example
the books by Tufte cited in the manual, or via his website (Google
"Edward Tufte").

Martin Weiss

It is difficult to advise you on this, as we do not have your data.
give an excerpt. Also, you should say that -tw parea- is user-written by
Sergiy [Radyakin].

Natalie Doss

I am trying to do a stacked bar graph with different pattern fills. I
have 4
outcomes and 7 components to each outcome. I am confused about how to
parea to make a bar graph. I believe I have to reorganize my data a fair
amount, but am unsure of what exactly I need. An earlier thread on this
that the collapse and contract commands would be most useful, but I'm
new to stata and am wondering if anyone has more specific ideas.