st: RE: pattern-fills in stacked bar graph

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: pattern-fills in stacked bar graph
Date   Wed, 26 May 2010 09:56:18 +0200

<>

It is difficult to advise you on this, as we do not have your data. Maybe
give an excerpt. Also, you should say that -tw parea- is user-written by
Sergiy.

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Natalie Doss
Sent: Mittwoch, 26. Mai 2010 07:50
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: pattern-fills in stacked bar graph

Hello,

I am trying to do a stacked bar graph with different pattern fills. I have 4
outcomes and 7 components to each outcome. I am confused about how to use
twoway
parea to make a bar graph. I believe I have to reorganize my data a fair
amount, but am unsure of what exactly I need. An earlier thread on this said
that the collapse and contract commands would be most useful, but I'm pretty
new to stata and am wondering if anyone has more specific ideas.

Thank you.