RE: st: RE: RE: -graph bar- bargap option

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: RE: -graph bar- bargap option
Date   Tue, 25 May 2010 18:56:53 +0100

My second answer still seems pertinent to your problem. i.e.

1.

gen dummy = 0

2.

graph bar (mean) pred_f2002 pred_f2005 dummy pred_c2002 pred_c2005,
over(ca_cat)

3.

Edit out traces of -dummy-.

The bottom line is that you can get exactly what you want if you re-program with -twoway bar-.

Sue

Thanks for your input. The variable "ca_cat" actually goes from 1 to
3, for low, medium and high. Is there yet another way to do this
because when I use the "dummy solution", it obviously places a gap of
the size of a bar, and I'd like that bar to be narrower (so that the 4
bars are still closer to each other than between low, medium and high
categories, if that makes sense.).