st: AW: Change in QIC output

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Change in QIC output
Date   Tue, 25 May 2010 11:48:11 +0200

" I am using STATA 10.0."

We have had a couple of incidents recently on the list where non-update-d
Stata copies were causing problems, so try an -update all- first.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Pamela Phillips
Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. Mai 2010 11:29
Betreff: st: Change in QIC output

Dear Statalist,

In October 2008 I fitted some Poisson generalised linear models using
generalised estimating equations. I calculated the QIC (quasilikelihood
information criterion) for each model, using the qic command in STATA.

On revisiting the same datasets and the same code in April 2010, I find
that the QIC values have changed by a factor of 1.5. The command output is
the same, except for the first line, which has changed from 'Iteration 1:
tolerance = 1.166e-11' to 'Iteration 1: tolerance = 2.528e-12'.

Can anyone tell me what has happened? Have any default settings been
changed for the qic command? I am using STATA 10.0.

Many thanks,