st: Change in QIC output

From   "Pamela Phillips" <>
Subject   st: Change in QIC output
Date   Tue, 25 May 2010 10:28:37 +0100 (BST)

Dear Statalist,

In October 2008 I fitted some Poisson generalised linear models using
generalised estimating equations. I calculated the QIC (quasilikelihood
information criterion) for each model, using the qic command in STATA.

On revisiting the same datasets and the same code in April 2010, I find
that the QIC values have changed by a factor of 1.5. The command output is
the same, except for the first line, which has changed from 'Iteration 1:
tolerance = 1.166e-11' to 'Iteration 1: tolerance = 2.528e-12'.

Can anyone tell me what has happened? Have any default settings been
changed for the qic command? I am using STATA 10.0.

Many thanks,