Re: st: probit vs. logit

From   SR Millis <srmillis@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: probit vs. logit
Date   Mon, 24 May 2010 13:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

Logistic regression is generally preferred over the probit model because of the wider variety of fit statistics.  Also, exponentiated logit coefficients can be interpreted as odds ratios---which is not the case with probit coefficients. However, if you're dealing with bioassays, then the probit model might be preferred.  Finally, you can run both the logistic and probit models.  If the deviance of the probit model is significantly lower than that of the logistic model, the probit is preferred.

Scott Millis