st: median equality test for non normal variables

From   amatoallah ouchen <>
Subject   st: median equality test for non normal variables
Date   Mon, 24 May 2010 15:51:01 +0200

Good day Stata-listers,
I have  two related observations (i.e. two observations per subject)
and I want to see  if the median  on these two  non -normally
distributed variables differs from one another. so I used the sign
test, but I think  that this approach  is based on normality
assumptions. Is there any test that allow to test median equality for
non normal data?
Any help would be highly appreciated.