-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Philip Ryan
Sent: Montag, 24. Mai 2010 08:58
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: sts graph: specifying line pattern options

Michael

When you specify the "formula" I think you need to enclose the symbol(s) for
_each_ line in double quotes. So

sts graph, by(drug)  plotopts(lpattern("."  "-"  "-.-.")  lcolor(black blue
red))

However this does not appear to help.  It looks like -sts graph- takes the
first line pattern specified, applies it to each of the lines, and ignores
the last two.  Similarly lcolor() only obeys the first colour specified.
It's a bit more obvious if your first colour is other than black.  Try:

sts graph, by(drug) plotopts(lpattern("."  "-"  "-.-.")  lcolor(red blue
green))

I don't have this problem with -graph twoway line yvar1  yvar2  yvar3  xvar,
lpattern(...) lcolor(...)-

I'm using Stata/SE 64 bit on W/Vista with all latest updates.  If someone
else can reproduce this problem then StataCorp would need to have a look at
the code for -sts graph-.

Phil

Philip Ryan
Professor and Director