st: GLM Binomial family logit link postestimation GOF

From   "Venkatachalam, Alicia" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: GLM Binomial family logit link postestimation GOF
Date   Mon, 24 May 2010 09:29:09 +0100

I have just run a GLM under the binomial family with a logit link with a
proportion as my outcome. I am now unsure how best to test the GOF of
this model? I have read in the literature it is often best to rerun the
model as a logistic model and then use the available post estimation
commands, however because my outcome is a proportion and not binary I am
unsure if this is permissible? Should I recode my outcome as binary or
is there a way to run post estimation after my GLM model?

Many thanks for any advice!