st: Reshape help

From   Joshua Shindell <>
Subject   st: Reshape help
Date   Fri, 21 May 2010 09:25:37 -0400

Dear Statalist,

I have stock return data in the following format:
Date       id     return
1/1/2010 XYZ 10%
2/1/2010 XYZ 11%
1/1/2010 ABC 5%
2/1/2010 ABC 6%

I would like to get the data in the following format:
date        XYZ    ABC
1/1/2010  10%    5%
2/1/2010  11%    6%

I am having trouble using the -reshape- command to perform this
rearrangement.  Many thanks for any help or suggestions.

Joshua A. Shindell