Re: st: Doubt on the exexcution of a do file?

From   Ronan Conroy <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: Doubt on the exexcution of a do file?
Date   Fri, 21 May 2010 11:34:49 +0100

On 21 Beal 2010, at 10:33, Grace Jessie wrote:

I wrote a do file and saved it as a do file named "".Accidently, I found if there was no space after the last typing in the do file and I run the do file in the command window, the last typing in the do file will not be excecute

Certainly Stata Mac now examines a do-file and if necessary adds a line break after the last line. This behaviour is quite recent, however.

If you recall that Stata executes a command once you hit the return key, this behaviour makes sense.

Ronan Conroy
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Epidemiology Department,
Beaux Lane House, Dublin 2, Ireland
+353 (0)1 402 2431
+353 (0)87 799 97 95
+353 (0)1 402 2764 (Fax - remember them?)

P    Before printing, think about the environment