RE: st: RE: finding a particular user written program

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: finding a particular user written program
Date   Thu, 20 May 2010 19:56:05 +0100

I am not sure I have ever seen a wrapper defined. I just use the word!
Here's my attempt:

A wrapper program is a program wrapped around another program.

Usually one or more of the following is true:

1. The program inside is a substantial program that does most of the
work, especially heavy or dirty work.

2. The wrapper sets up the user to carry out a specific application of
the program inside.

3. The wrapper may act as a kind of translator that maps concepts on the
level of the application to the syntax of the program inside.

4. The wrapper is meant to be friendly or convenient to the user, e.g.
to save the user reading a mass of documentation to find out which
specific commands to use.

Abhimanyu Arora

Thanks a lot Martin, How do we define a "wrapper" program please?

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Martin Weiss <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Try

> ssc d ssm
>
> or maybe -ssc d cmp-.