st: AW: Exporting ivreg2 results in a simple long table

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Exporting ivreg2 results in a simple long table
Date   Thu, 20 May 2010 16:13:15 +0200

You could also try a -postfile- approach, as in Michael`s
It makes the customization step considerably more straightforward in my

sysuse auto, clear

tempname hdle
capt erase info.dta

postfile `hdle' str15 coef estim /*
*/ se foreign using info

qui levelsof foreign

qui foreach lev in `r(levels)'{
		ivreg2 price mpg (headroom = trunk) if foreign==`lev',
		post `hdle' ("mpg") (_b[mpg]) (_se[mpg]) (`lev')
		post `hdle' ("headroom") (_b[headroom]) (_se[headroom])

postclose `hdle'

u info, clear
format estim se %9.2fc
l, noobs sepby(foreign)

//save as .dta
save mydtaresults, replace

//save as .txt
outsheet using "C:\Users\martin\Documents\Stata\mytxtresults.txt", replace
!start mytxtresults.txt