Re: st: Testing equality of odds ratios outside of logistic regression

From   "Michael I. Lichter" <>
Subject   Re: st: Testing equality of odds ratios outside of logistic regression
Date   Wed, 19 May 2010 15:41:52 -0400

I want to thank Michael Mitchell, Steve Samuels, and Tim Mak for their helpful responses to my query of 10 days ago (sorry for this very late follow-up!).

Michael's suggestion of using -suest- was the most immediately helpful. I've always been a bit leery of using -suest- and -sureg- because I don't have any textbooks that explain the underpinnings of the method. Am I correct, by the way, that in lieu of a single omnibus test, I can test each pair of variables individually after -suest- and use -test, accumulate- to get a single p-value?

Steve's suggestions re. logistic regression with interactions or a homogeneity test within -cc- appear to apply only to mutually exclusive categories of a single nominal or ordinal variable. My variables are not mutually exclusive.

Suggestions from Tim and Steve regarding prediction, validation, -roccomp-, etc., will be helpful for future efforts. I'll probably revisit this in a month or so; any reading recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks again.