st: AW: questions about panel data analysis and outliers.

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: AW: questions about panel data analysis and outliers.
Date   Mon, 17 May 2010 13:35:54 +0200

<>

" My second question is: how can I estimate correlation without outliers?"

You can qualify on the candidate variables not being outliers based on their
univariate distribution, if that is what you mean:

*************
sysuse auto, clear
qui su mpg,d
gen byte within=inrange(mpg, r(p5), r(p95))
qui su weight,d
gen byte within2=inrange(weight, r(p5), r(p95))
corr mpg weight if within & within2
corr mpg weight

HTH
Martin