Re: st: sort of standardization

From   Ginevra Biino <>
Subject   Re: st: sort of standardization
Date   Wed, 12 May 2010 16:52:56 +0200

many thanks

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Goldstein" <>
To: <>
Cc: "Ginevra Biino" <>
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: st: sort of standardization

if I understand correctly what you want, I would do the following within
a -foreach- loop:

summarize variable
calculate the range from r(min) and r(max)
divide the old variable by this calculated range inside a -gen-

foreach var of varlist .... {
qui su `var'
local range=r(max)-r(min)+1
gen `var'3=`var'/`range'