Re: st: sort of standardization

From   Richard Goldstein <>
Subject   Re: st: sort of standardization
Date   Wed, 12 May 2010 10:39:40 -0400

if I understand correctly what you want, I would do the following within
a -foreach- loop:

summarize variable
calculate the range from r(min) and r(max)
divide the old variable by this calculated range inside a -gen-

foreach var of varlist .... {
qui su `var'
local range=r(max)-r(min)+1
gen `var'3=`var'/`range'