st: Model fit with regress cluster option

From   "Collewaert V (MCFE)" <>
Subject   st: Model fit with regress cluster option
Date   Wed, 12 May 2010 13:55:37 +0200

Dear all,

I ran two models, one being a control model, the second one additionally including my predictors of interest. In both cases I used the regress command with cluster option, in order to cluster for companies (I have multiple investment rounds per company so I clustered for company).

My question is: am I correct to believe that the respective degrees of freedom needed to determine the significance of the F change statistic (to compare both models) is

- the number of additional regressors in the second model and
- the number of clusters minus 1 (in my case 47)? (which hence is the same for both new and old model)

With kind regards,