Re: st: sgmediation and panel data

From   John Antonakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: sgmediation and panel data
Date   Wed, 12 May 2010 13:22:43 +0200

Hi Kostas:

One solution would be with cmp, so you can cluster the standard errors, e.g.,

cmp (y = x z1 z2) (x = z1 z2 p1 p2), ind (1 1) cluster(firm)

(I'd double check that these estimates and the overid and identification stats with ivreg2)

Then you can do the Sobel test using the delta method with nlcom. Suppose you wanted to test the indirect effect of p1 on y through x. You'd do:

nlcom [x]p1*[y]x

How about the indirect effects both of p1 and p2 via x:

nlcom [x]p1*[y]x + [x]p2*[y]x

HTH,
John.

Prof. John Antonakis, Associate Dean Faculty of Business and Economics
Department of Organizational Behavior
University of Lausanne
Internef #618
CH-1015 Lausanne-Dorigny