Re: st: question on gllamm for discrete latent variable with one factor structure

From   Hey Sky <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: question on gllamm for discrete latent variable with one factor structure
Date   Mon, 10 May 2010 12:36:28 -0700 (PDT)

hey, Kolenhikov

sorry for the not clearing message and thanks for your answer.

here is the message after the iteration stopped:

numerical derivatives are approximate flat or discontinuous region encountered
could not calculate numerical derivatives
missing values encountered
(error occurred in ML computation)
(use trace option and check correctness of initial model)

I am still not familiar with the gllamm options so that I think there must has something wrong
in my code. I also have tried to do as what the example on gllamm manual chpater 5.2.1 p59
did, it does not work either and give the same message as above.

the model should be ok since fortran code gives satisfied result. and I cannot use stata since
the data center does not have it and not allowed to install it either.

here is what I tried and edu is a 0/1 dummy:

gen cons=1
eq: cons
eq: edu

gllamm dep indep, i(id) base(5) link(mlogit) family(binom) nip(2) ip(f) nrf(2) ///
  eq(cons mu2) dots trace

thanks for your kind answer again

Nan