Re: st: AW: twoway connect

From   Ginevra Biino <>
Subject   Re: st: AW: twoway connect
Date   Mon, 10 May 2010 11:39:26 +0200

It is helplful!
thanks a lot,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joerg Eulenberger" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: st: AW: twoway connect

sysuse auto, clear
collapse mpg  trunk, by(rep)
twoway connected  mpg trunk  rep78, sort

I hope this is helpful,

Best regards,

Martin Weiss schrieb:

You probably have to employ -collapse- to get to the table first. No html
posting, btw...

[] Im Auftrag von Ginevra Biino
Gesendet: Montag, 10. Mai 2010 10:31
An: Statalist
Betreff: st: twoway connect

How can I graph data from a frequency table (rows: age classes; col:
platelet counts under/over a certain cut-off) in order to have a line type
plot (twoway connect). In excel I can make the table from the data set
first, and then I can do the plot from the table. In STATA i do the table,
but I cant succeed in doing the graph starting from the original data set
(each row is an oservation, an individual).
 This is the table whose data I would like to graph:
 age        PLT<150        PLT>150
<18        0.7                 4.23
18-39     4.2                 0.3
40-59     7.69               0.62

=60      11.42             0.28

 May anyone help me?
 Ginevra Biino, PhD
Institute of Population Genetics, National Council of Research (SS)
Institute of Molecular Genetics, CNR
Via Abbiategrasso, 207
27100 Pavia
Tel: +39 382 546362